This Past Week The Garden Show Was All About Crepe Myrtles And;
A fun watermelon mint recipe to try:
- Large 4-5 pound seedless watermelon
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 whole mint sprigs
· Cut the melon and into bite size pieces and set aside. Peel and slice the onion into rings.
· In a small bowl, add vinegar and whisk in the olive oil, a little at a time.
· Add in the chopped mint and add salt and pepper to taste.
· In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and crumble in the feta.
· Add the dressing and toss gently until everything is coated.